Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Drum and bass patterns

Programming drum and bass patterns may seem daunting especially to new programmers and producers. I spent some time researching this and so hear are some of my thoughts and links. Hope they are useful

Computer music man has a couple of useful tips (20 in all)

Simon V has examples fop patterns for programming drums, as well as starter patterns to down load and embellish. There is also a reason file there for your tryout! There are some good patterns there. and the midi is probably worth getting. Alternatively programming patterns into a Redrum instrument, could be the first step in building  a more sophisticated drum and bass combinator, allowing you to set up filter controls and additional effects to twist those loops.

I will add more links as I get the time, and some files to download. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment